As a great fan of Twitter in terms of its concept and its technical implementation, when I was in the midst of rolling-out Version 3 of the iNavCalc mobile app, I got to thinking that it would be a fun mini-project to combine the Twitter API with iNavCalc. So that's what I've done.
The result is simple set of hashtags (#met, #notams, #route) which you can use to generate MET, NOTAMS, and routes directly from your tweets. All you need is a Twitter account. To get started, see the simple instructions here.
Saturday, 16 November 2013
Saturday, 9 November 2013
Version 3.0 of the iNavCalc mobile app has now been released.
Enhancements in V3
- Load and Save Routes in the Cloud
- Auto-open app when clicking on .GPX or .FPL files (Android only)
- Share routes
- via Twitter (#ROUTEVIEW)
- via Email
- with other iNavCalc users (public or private)
- "Like" feature for voting as a "Cool Route"
- Various UI improvements and bug fixes
New features in V3
- METARs & TAFs page with global ICAO lookup
- NOTAMs page with global ICAO lookup
- "Cool Routes" page for displaying most-"Liked" routes
An comprehensive Users' Guide is available here which describes all features of this latest release.